TopHit:Upgrade to version 2.4 for Drupal 7
This document will guide you to upgrade your Drupal 7 TopHit 2.3 installation to TopHit 2.4 for Drupal 7.
The steps that are tagged [Commerce] are relevant only to the TopHit Commerce 7.x distribution and should be skipped if you are running the simple TopHit 7.x distribution. The TopHit Commerce 7.x distribution is only available in the Top Hit Pro & Top Hit Enterprise products. You can find out more about the TopHit Commerce distribution at the TopHit product page http://www.morethanthemes.com/?q=themes/tophit
Prepare your workbench
- Be sure that you are currently running TopHit 2.3 for Drupal 7. If not, please upgrade your installation to TopHit 2.3 for Drupal 7 first.
- Create a temporary installation of Drupal 7 TopHit 2.4 using our installation profile. You will use this as a reference to guide you.
- Backup everything.
- Just in case, make sure you backed up everything =) (besides, it's always a good idea).
Update extra modules
TopHit comes with several extra modules required to achieve its functionality. The following process will update them to the latest (by the time these lines are written) version, as marked bellow:
- Views module to version 7.x-3.7
- Superfish module to version 7.x-1.9
- [Commerce] Entity API module to version 7.x-1.1
- [Commerce] Drupal Commerce module to version 7.x-1.7
- [Commerce] Commerce Stock module to version 7.x-1.2
- [Commerce] Address Field module to version 7.x-1.0-beta4
- Locate the extra modules folder of your site, usually at [sites/all/modules].
- Delete the folders views and superfish that belong to the TopHit distribution. If there are any extra module folders that have been installed by you later, you should leave them untouched or update them later manually, which is beyond the scope of this guide.
- Copy the latest versions of the deleted modules from your temporary installation.
- Locate the libraries folder of your site, usually at [sites/all/libraries].
- Delete the folder superfish that belongs to the TopHit distribution.
- Copy the latest version of the deleted library superfish from your temporary installation.
- [Commerce] Locate the commerce profile modules folder of your site, usually at [profiles/tophit_commerce/modules].
- [Commerce] Delete the folders addressfield, commerce, commerce_stock and entity that belong to the TopHit with Commerce distribution.
- [Commerce] Copy the latest versions of the deleted modules addressfield, commerce, commerce_stock and entity from your temporary installation.
- Run the update.php file calling a url like http://www.example.com/update.php or http://www.example.com/test_site/update.php, if your site is located under a subdirectory.
Patch your TopHit theme files
- Locate our theme folder in your temporary installation. Usually at [sites/all/themes/tophit]
- Locate our theme folder in your drupal 7 site. Usually at [sites/all/themes/tophit]
- Replace the following files in your installation, using the corresponding source files from the temporary installation
Clear all cached data
This step is important in order to force your template to be informed for the changes you have made in the template files.
To do this go to Administer » Site configuration » Performance » Clear cached data