Pressblog:Upgrade to version 2.2 for Drupal 6
This document will guide you how to upgrade your Drupal 6 Presblog 2.1 installation to Pressblog 2.2 for Drupal 6.
Prepare your workbench
- Be sure that you are currently running Presblog 2.1 for Drupal 6. If not, please upgrade your installation to Presblog 2.1 for Drupal 6 first.
- Create a temporary installation of Drupal 6 Pressblog 2.2 using our installation profile. You will use this as a reference to guide you.
- Backup everything
- Just in case, make sure you backed up everything =) (besides, it's always a good idea)
Patch your Pressblog theme files
- Locate our theme folder in your temporary installation. Usually at [sites/all/themes/pressblog]
- Locate our theme folder in your drupal 6 site. Usually at [sites/all/themes/pressblog]
- Replace the following files in your installation, using the corresponding source files from the temporary installation
- Replace comment.tpl.php
- Replace node.tpl.php
- Replace node-blogpost.tpl.php
- Replace page.tpl.php
- Replace style.css
- Replace template.php
- Replace theme-settings.php
- Remove the following file from your installation.
- Remove js\custom.js
Clear all cached data
This step is important in order to force your template to be informed for the changes you have made in the template files.
To do this go to Administer » Site configuration » Performance » Clear cached data