Photofolio:Upgrade to version 2.4 for Drupal 6
This document will guide you to upgrade your Drupal 6 Photofolio 2.3 installation to Photofolio 2.4 for Drupal 6.
Prepare your workbench
- Be sure that you are currently running Photofolio 2.3 for Drupal 6. If not, please upgrade your installation to Photofolio 2.3 for Drupal 6 first.
- Create a temporary installation of Drupal 6 Photofolio 2.4 using our installation profile. You will use this as a reference to guide you.
- Backup everything.
- Just in case, make sure you backed up everything =) (besides, it's always a good idea).
Update extra modules
Photofolio comes with several extra modules required to achieve its functionality. The following process will update them to the latest (by the time these lines are written) version, as marked bellow:
- Views module to the version views-6.x-2.16
- Locate the extra modules folder of your site, usually at [sites/all/modules].
- Delete all the folders that belong to the Photofolio distribution. Use your temporary installation to figure out the folders you could remove safely. You should remove all the folders that exist in your temporary installation of Photofolio 2.4. If there are any extra module folders that had been installed from you later, you should leave them untouched or update them later manually, which is beyond the scope of this guide.
- Copy the latest versions of the deleted modules from your temporary installation.
- Run the update.php file calling a url like http://www.example.com/update.php or http://www.example.com/test_site/update.php, if your site is located under a subdirectory.
Patch your Photofolio theme files
- Locate our theme folder in your temporary installation. Usually at [sites/all/themes/photofolio]
- Locate our theme folder in your drupal 6 site. Usually at [sites/all/themes/photofolio]
- Replace the following files in your installation, using the corresponding source files from the temporary installation
- Replace page-front.tpl.info
- Replace page.tpl.php
- Replace photofolio.info
- Replace style.css
- Replace template.php
Clear all cached data
This step is important in order to force your template to be informed for the changes you have made in the template files.
To do this go to Administer » Site configuration » Performance » Clear cached data