Corporate Classy:Upgrade to version 2.3 for Drupal 7
This document will guide you to upgrade your Drupal 7 Corporate Classy 2.2 installation to Corporate Classy 2.3 for Drupal 7.
Prepare your workbench
- Be sure that you are currently running Corporate Classy 2.2 for Drupal 7. If not, please upgrade your installation to Corporate Classy 2.3 for Drupal 7 first.
- Create a temporary installation of Drupal 7 Corporate Classy 2.3 using our installation profile. You will use this as a reference to guide you.
- Backup everything.
- Just in case, make sure you backed up everything =) (besides, it's always a good idea).
Update Drupal core
Take a breath and read Drupal's Upgrading form previous versions first. This upgrade will update your Drupal core to the version 7.10. We assume that you are curently using a 7.x version so it's about a "Minor update procedure".
- Locate the root folder of your site. Is the Drupal's root folder, there where the index.php is located.
- Delete all Drupal files and folders except the [sites] folder.
- Copy all Drupal files and folders from your temporary installation except the [sites] folder.
- Login to your Drupal installation as administration user, your site should still work usual.
- Run the update.php file calling a url like http://www.example.com/update.php or http://www.example.com/test_site/update.php, if your site is located under a subdirectory.
Patch your Corporate Classy theme files
- Locate our theme folder in your temporary installation. Usually at [sites/all/themes/corporate]
- Locate our theme folder in your drupal 7 site. Usually at [sites/all/themes/corporate]
- Replace the following files in your installation, using the corresponding source files from the temporary installation
Patch your site's DataBase
Because a known Drupal issue, http://drupal.org/node/1170362, related to update.php and the installation profiles the next system message may be appeared:
Notice: Undefined index: name/version in system_requirements()
To solve this use a tool like phpMyAdmin and:
- Locate the System table.
- Edit the row with the value profiles/corporateclassy/corporateclassy.profile in the filename
- Change the status of this row from 0 to 1
Clear all cached data
This step is important in order to force your template to be informed for the changes you have made in the template files.
To do this go to Administer » Site configuration » Performance » Clear cached data