Selecta is a Drupal theme based on WordPress' Selecta theme, designed by Obox.
The theme is hosted and available for download at drupal.com.
- Ideal for video blogs
- 2-column layout
- Footer with 3 regions
- A total of 11 regions
- Theme setting for disabling the “Featured Videos”
- Theme setting for Breadcrumb display
- Support for standard theme features: logo, site name, site slogan, user pictures in comments, favicon
- Detailed CSS rules for:
- Feed Pages
- Video Pages
- Comment form
- Contact form
- User pictures in Comments
- Sidebar Ads
- “Read more”, “Comment” and all other buttons
- User profiles
To install the Selecta simply drop it into your drupal instance (sites/all/themes/selecta).
In order to reproduce a video page like *Elbow /// One Day Like This follow these steps:
- Create a new "Article" through Home » Add content » Create Article.
- Add a Title.
- Click on "Edit summary" above the "Body" field
- Add your video Link to the "Summary" field
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/4224453" width="940" height="531" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>
<iframe width="940" height="531" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uQITWbAaDx0?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- You should add the "?wmode=opaque" parameter to the src url to avoid the video being displayed on top of the administration overlay in Chrome browser.
- Add your main content to the "Body" field.
- Set the Articles "Text format" to "Full HTML"
By design Selecta adjusts the video iframe width to fit in the available space. In addition Selecta takes into account the iframe's height attribute only for the main "Article" page and not the article feeds. You can change these settings by editing the style.css file (line: 335).
Get rid of the hardcoded "Featured Videos"
How to separate the "Featured Videos" implementation from page.tpl.php
In order to keep your "Featured Videos" implementation compatible with future Selecta updates, you can follow the instructions bellow:
- Disable the "Featured Videos" from Selecta's theme settings
- Create a new drupal block
- Place inside this block the default HTML markup you can find here.
- Set the "Text Format" to "PHP code"
- Set the block to be displayed in the "Feature area" region.